BAT’Z #3 - Small Rug
Bat’z is the first of the 20 signs of the Mayan calendar. B’atz ‘is the thread. The thread of time. The thread of destiny. History is woven over time.
Bat’z #3 is a double-woven area rug woven by hand on a traditional foot-loom from 100% hand-spun sheep wool.
QOV's of our rugs are designed in Belgium by Hanne de Wyngaert and then spun, dyed, and handwoven by Mayan weavers in Guatemala. They strive to provide economic opportunity and celebrate indigenous tradition to create beautiful and functional products.
• small handwoven wool area rug
• material: 100% hand-spun sheep wool
• natural color of wool / undyed
• color: off white & black or dark brown
• weaving technique: foot loom
• size: 85cm width x 140cm length
• handmade by Maya artisans in Guatemala
• designed by Hanne De Wyngaert in Belgium
• bio cotton ‘Que Onda Vos’ label
• because all products are entirely made by hand, there will always be a slight difference in color and dimension